August 7, 2011

For all you Pride and Prejudice lovers out there

August 7, 2011

I never knew one could fall in love with a movie until I saw Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen.  When I first saw this movie advertised at a bus stop in New Zealand, I thought to myself, "I have to see that when I get back home".  I actually thought Keira Knightley was Keisha Castle Hughes from The Whale Rider.  Keira, Keisha - same thing! And they do have a tiny resemblance.  I never did see Pride and Prejudice in a theatre, only on Comcast (perhaps around 10 times, until I maxed out my free viewing feature).  What I would do to watch this on the big screen!  Then I had to buy the dvd and watched it about 1,000 times!  I have memorized every dialogue between Lizzie and Mr. Darcy. They met 12 times before he proposed to her on that foggy morning in the field close to her house.  

When I booked our trip to the UK last year, I asked my travel agent if it was possible to do a tour of the places where Pride and Prejudice was filmed.  Unfortunately, it was filmed across the UK and it was impossible to make a steady, short trip to most of the places.  



The Palladian Bridge at Stourhead Garden in Warminster, Wiltshire.  Lizzie was running on this bridge when she got caught in the rain.  I would love to have a picnic here with Mr. Darcy!



The Temple of Apollo at Stourhead Garden where Mr. Darcy massacred his first proposal to Lizzie.  If he proposed to me, I would scream  "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes" !!!



Stanage Edge at Harthersage Moor in Darbyshire where Lizzie stood pondering her thoughts on her beloved Mr. Darcy.  Another place where I dream of going.





The Living Sculptures of Pemberley at the Chatsworth House in Derbyshire.  Remember the scene, not to mention the background music?  Call me morbid, but that's what I want played at my funeral!

http://youtu.be/O6y7BErnZsM



The Veiled Vestal Virgin.  Isn't she beautiful?



I don't have to caption it.  A true beauty in itself.



The Emperor Fountain at Chatsworth House.  Scene shown before Lizzie discovers Georgiana playing the pianoforte in the next room.


Another place I'd love to see. Did you know Matthew is terribly nearsighted and they had a person waving a white flag so he could walk towards Keira?






"I will have to tell you.  You have bewitched me body
and soul and I love, I love, I love you.  I never wish
to be parted from you from this day on."

                                               Love, love, love this Rufus Wainright song!
                                   


                                                   Call me morbid, but this is what I want played at my funeral.







A shot that didn't make the final clip.
Pride and Prejudice.jpg
She never posed like this in the movie either.

Pride & Prejudice - Pride & Prejudice (2005)

It was actually raining when she grabbed the bonnet from the clothesline.
Wait, this has got to be from the opening scene before she enters the house.




This is not an actual scene from the movie, but damn, Lizzie sure does look gorgeous, I dare say!



Colin who? 

No comments:

Post a Comment