October 29, 2012

San Francisco Giants

So the Giants won the World Series.  It was more exciting during the playoffs and after the 2nd straight win against Detroit.  After that, we knew it would be a sweep.  I wish Detroit beat us twice to bring the final games home.  But what do you do?  We just have an awesome team.

School proclaimed Wednesday as a holiday this year.  It's about time.  Two years ago, they wouldn't even allow the students to take off early to watch the parade downtown.  My son was in college back then and drove home for 7 hours with his friends to watch the parade.  Since it was the Giants' first win in God knows when, no one was sure where the best spot would be to see the players.  They opted for Civic Center and ended up not seeing the players properly.  Should have hit Market Street early. 

I asked him if I should even bother going in to the city to watch the parade.  He said if I wanted a good spot, I should be on Market Street by 7-8 am.  Parade starts at 11 am.  I'm better off watching the whole thing on tv, don't you agree?  The last time I subjected myself to all the madness in San Francisco was during Fleet Week and made the mistake of boarding a Muni bus with shoulder to shoulder people on board.  Two days later, I developed a bad cough and cold with green phlegm.  Lovely!

Here's to the San Francisco Giants!  Here's to the awesome new players like Pagan, Pence, Crawford, Belt, Scutaro, Theriot and Blanco.  All the new guys were instrumental in winning the series.  Here's to the veterans like Zito, Cain, Vogelsong, Lincecum, Romo, Sandoval, Posey and Bumgarner.  You were all just as instrumental in this win.  It was definitely a team effort by all.  We are all so very proud of you and you all deserve it.

I love my Giants!  You make us proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment